View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 02:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SnwFlower

Hi Jil, I can also totally relate, as I experienced a great deal of loneliness (including deep depression) for so many years of my life. I haven't been in a relationship for 4 years, nor do I have children, nor am I close with any of my family. My previous alcohol experience was very similar to Tammy47, in that I went from 1 glass of wine to 1 (or sometimes 2) bottles of wine per night. I feel profoundly better after quitting alcohol and as time progresses I continue to feel better. I also found that meditation helped with the loneliness, and allowed myself to enjoy alone time and find ultimate peace with it. I discovered a deeper love within that I didn't ever realize was there before. I now really love my alone time and prefer it, ...and I do spend a lot of time alone. I protect and cherish that time.

I agree with some of the ideas in doing things that you really enjoy and/or volunteering.

One thing I realized is that we're never really alone. Coming here is also a wonderful support system for that.
Please keep us updated on how you're doing. We're all in this together.