View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 02:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
hypochondriac

Originally Posted by squigglyline View Post
are there alcoholics out there who never hurt anyone or got arrested but they just survive with alcohol being a part of their lives?
Yeah, me. Alcohol was just a part of my life and I survived like that for a long time. I was worried just because of the sheer amount I drank but, apart from acting out of control when I was younger, I pretty much managed my daily drinking without any serious consequences. Until I started getting loads of health problems and panic attacks.

Despite my seeming control over my problem, (I was even able to cut it down for a few days if really needed) I was still definitely without a doubt addicted to alcohol. Well the withdrawal symptoms were a bit of a give away, but before I had them even I couldn't ever stop drinking, not even for a day.

If you are having health problems and your climbing the walls without it then you might want to seriously look into recovery. Even if your drinking never gets out of control it will still only get worse from now if you carry on drinking. No one should have to drink. Knowing now how dependant I really was I wish I had given up sooner so I didn't have to live my life under alcohol's shadow.

Glad you're here x