View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 08:28 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
chicory

Debysu,

I have dealt with my son doing that sort of thing-making life miserable for me, due to drinking. then talking nicely to everyone else. I feel he used me to take out his angers on. He wasn't happy, and I was safer, because I did not do anything when he did this, and he could safely "vent". But that got old, and he went homeless for a while, getting into even more trouble. I wish he had gone to prison for some reason, because he might have learned something from it. Instead, I let it ruin my life for too long.

I want to be happy. He did not care if I was, not when he was under the influence, anyway. So, why throw your life in front of the runaway train he is on? It wont stop him- just gives him a chance to blame others.

I know this is hard. But your other son is as important, if not more so, because he is suffering from choices your son is making.

Many people are in prison, and it can change people for the better. At least he could get sober/clean and do some thinking about what he is doing. He would see that it isn't your fault, it is his. and if they dont see things as their fault, why would they feel the need to change? denial probably wont work for him in prison.

I wish you the best. do what is best for your innocent son, yourself, and hubby, and your home. your life matters! your happiness matters. life is too short to go down with someone who chooses pain for his self and others.
honestly, he would probably do better without your involvement in his mess. and I say that in a very kind way, momma.

prayers and hugs
chicory