Thread: Pray for me.
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 03:27 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Darkplace2013

it's the depression and anxiety that affects me the most. My drinking habits are unusual. I could go seven or eight days without a drink and be content then something goes off with me or something happens and boom I'm out drinking getting drunk and the following day I'm hungover miserable and depressed. Time will tell I'm so determined to kick it this time I think the fact I've told my mother ive a drink problem proves to me that I want someone other than myself to know. I feel today like I've finally realised I'm an alcoholic and admitted it to someone. although secretly I've known for ages I've had a problem but never admitted it to anyone. I've tried so many times in the last few years to quit but never spoke about it. Even the fact I've posted here makes it easier. My friends are talking to me about the big party they have planned tuesday. I haven't said I wont go yet I'll make an excuse closer the time and just not show up.

How have other people here dealt with the stigma of being an alcoholic? Or is this something I'm imaging? I'm slightly frightened to say it to my friends as I know I'll probably be laughed at and told I'm fine im great fun out. How did work colleagues react to anyone here saying they have a drink problem? I'm worried about how I may be perceived. In my line of work drinking is widely accepted and considered quiet normal.