View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 11:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
HuskyPup
Shape-Shifting Super-Hero

Met with a new therapist today

The appointment went well today; I think she's going to be a good match. Quite a leisurely appointment, and she is certainly a quirky, artistic sort. The idea is to get on beyond the 'planning' stage, and into the 'doing' stage, or so we decided was one goal. I'm amazed she studied with Erik Berne...I've always found Transactional Analysis and Gestalt therapy not only interesting, but very useful, so I was happy I took the time to do as much research as I did, and made as many calls. I have some 'tests' to fill out, regarding how I view my 'child' state, my degree of intro and extro version, which I always love doing. I'm going back next week, and in a few weeks, may attend a small group session, devoted to sex and relationships. But my gut level feeling is that this is a good match.

Went to bed early last night...no desire to drink, too sleepy, and today, no real desire, also too sleepy! But now I feel as if I have some things to motivate me to do and find enjoyment in, aside from drinking.

I decided to start a new thread, as I don't want my main one to be called 'sad', as I don't plan to be sad all the time!