View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 01:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I started learn during my first year of recovery, that when I had a problem if I briefly shared the current dilemma I was and the solution I had come up with so far and asked for solutions, I usually heard what I needed to hear from some really great folks, and I would also ad that the solution was usually much simpler and less complicated than the one or two I had come up with, roflmao

In those first months as a newcomer I did identify with the folks that did give a brief 'what it was like' as it helped me to see that I was NOT alone and I was NOT unique and actually helped me to see, when they shared the 'what happened' and 'what is like now', that there WAS HOPE FOR ME.

So absolutely "solution,solution, solution." However, I will say that sometimes in order to actually hear and accept a 'solution' I also had to hear the identification of the person sharing so that I knew they 'knew'. As time has gone on, I try to remember that, especially if there are newcomers or fairly new folks in a meeting I attend.

J M H O

Love and hugs,