Thread: I hate alcohol
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 09:43 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
neferkamichael
Life Health Prosperity

Originally Posted by Goat View Post
FlyerFan yesterday told me that if AA was going to save my life they could worship zebras for all it mattered.

But, I think I need to improve my own concept of a higher power.

I have always had tremendous respect for the natural world, and I assumed a general concept of "nature" as my higher power.

But... The right answer was right there in front of me. The community is truly a higher power that I can put my finger on. And I can turn my will over by being totally honest and really relying on the support the community can provide -- and then when it's my turn to do so give back to the community.

This makes turning my will over no longer such a nebulous concept. It's something real that I can do.
Hey goat, I had the hardest time in the beginning with steps 2&3. I don't believe in the idea of a creator god, I believe we evovled right here on mother earth without any help from anything any where else in the universe. AA is my high power and I have been quite comfortable with that. In a meeting one night a lady said her god is the spirit of the universe and that solved my problems with tep 3. I too plan to give back to the community one day.