View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 08:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
hopeintahoe

Husban Wife not on the same page

I want to keep this short, my wife and I have a 18 year old girl who is a addict and we are not on the same page at all. I have been going to Al Anon for about 8 years now, my wife has been sober for 5 years now but will not go to Al Anon since this problem with our child started. I was able to get her to agree that our kid can no longer live in our house and that it should be no contact. But she has been contacting her and giving her money and paying for a motel room. I'm just not sure what to do here, sometimes I feel that its time for me to just get out and let my wife see how her plan works out, I no longer trust what my wife says and I feel like I'm back into the old rut when she was drinking. Just wanted to see if anyone else has gone through this. I do know about drug abuse as I was there and by the grace of God and parents that used tough love I got clean in 1987 and still go to meetings today, I'm very hurt by what is going on I feel that everytime my wife helps she is just keeping our kid out there longer. Thanks Jeff