View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 03:50 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Hanna

Originally Posted by lizatola View Post
You know, that's one of the reasons that I was glad we moved from Baltimore to AZ!!! I didn't realize that he was a racist, I just thought he was uncomfortable around blacks. I was so ready to move here and I researched the stats on the state to find out the distribution of races in the cities here. I never saw the problem, DUH. I don't even think I knew I was doing it consciously. I just remember thinking, "boy, this guy really hates blacks so I guess it's best that we move somewhere where blacks are more of a minority." I had a crush on a black boy(man, he was a good looking football player, too, LOL) while in high school, never told my AH this ever. I guess there's a reason for it, I just never realized I kept that to myself.

I never,until recently, saw the grand scope of what I was dealing with. His 'stuff' would only rear it's ugly head every so often and then I'd conveniently forget the previous rant because the next one would be something else and completely different. It was like he kept moving the mark, changing the subjects of the tirades, and I couldn't keep from spinning out of control.
Moving doesn't solve a problem like that. He will just find a different group of people to hate, or another cause to rail on. It's not about race, it's about a need to find an enemy and feel superior. About anger and selfishness and a personal feeling of inferiority.

Sorry you are living with this.