View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 03:12 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

Dear Liz, these things have been going on for about 18yrs, and nothing has made a difference so far. As much as you complain about him...I believe that you are in your comfort zone with him. Liz, wild horses could not drag you away from that man.

AND, THAT IS O.K. You get to decide who you want to spend your life with. We all do.

I agree with what you just said, about just going about the business of working the alanon steps. I endorse your doing that. Make the very best out of your life that you can--that is what the steps are for. No one will tell you to leave him. You can still have him and find other ways to experience some joy in life. You aren't going to leave, anyway--so, doesn't it make sense to make the best use of the years that you have left?

It just kills me to see others (and myself included in this group) spend so much sincere time and energy to support a poster that has no real desire to make the changes that they "imply" that they want.

So, I say that working the alanon steps might help you find serenity and companionship---regardless of what your husband does--or doesn't do.

very sincerely, dandylion