Old 04-16-2013, 09:14 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
SnwFlower

Hi Magnum,

Yes, I noticed a big difference in my appearance, pretty similar to what you described. I just recently gave up alcohol 2.5 months ago and I began noticing improvements after the first month, and is continuing to get better. I was a wine drinker ( bottle or more a night for several years), and up until January, just before I quit drinking, my face was bloated, red sunken eyes, dry/thinning hair and 20 pound weight gain and I felt horrible. Was also experiencing itchy facial hives. I was looking unhealthy and had lost that once healthy glow that I always took for granted. I blamed it all on getting older, and refused to realize it was the alcohol. Fast forward to my sobriety today and the face bloat is gone, my eyes are bright and healthy looking, have lost 12 pounds (with added exercise and healthy foods) and my hair is looking much healthier. I've even noticed some new hairs growing in my hairline. (An extra added bonus as my doctor thought the hair loss was caused by stress, but it hadn't been growing back for 2 years - until now. In my case I think it was from lack of vitamins lost through drinking.) The facial hives finally went away about 3 weeks ago. I'm actually really amazed at how much healthier I look. Before getting sober, I didn't know if the damage I had caused from drinking was permanent - including my liver, which is clearly the most important. I feel extremely fortunate that I'm able to turn things around and see such great improvements. I've always looked very young/fit for my age, but alcohol was stealing that attribute from me and I hated it. I'm never going back to my former drunken self again, and never drinking alcohol ever again, ...it's just not worth it.

I hope that helps.