Old 04-16-2013, 07:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Kasia71

Hey Magnum....wow, you're giving me a flashback. I'm 41 now, but I went from thin and in great shape at 20 to 40 pounds overweight by my late 20s...beer, beer & more beer (and plenty of crappy food too at 3am). I moved out of state at 20, and when I would visit back home I got the look of "wow, she got chunky"...I hated it....cause I thought I was hot sh** when I was younger. I can't stress it enough, I am so mad at myself for letting that happen. My wedding, I was on the pudgy side, never huge, but not the 120 pounder I was. Hate those pictures!

The crazy thing now..I get the opposite. At 41 I get told I look young for my age....and that I'm pretty....and still drinking like a fish. For me I think it was my conscious decision to switch from beer to vodka...I became less bloated looking. But, that took my alcoholism to a new level. And, being told I look good (while drinking every night) is bad too cause I was able to justify my drinking...dwelling too much on the exterior. As long as I'm told I look good, it's all good. Destroying my insides though.

Only been sober for 2.25 days....so I'm just in the beginning...I have no clue if I can look better yet if I stop. We'll see...