View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 11:09 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Florence

The white man in America has it bad according to him because of women's rights movement, etc. He often makes reference in disdain about how women shouldn't get paid the same as men. I stopped arguing with him over this stuff a long time ago. It's funny that he feels this way because his mother was an emergency room nurse for 40 years and worked graveyard and holidays to help pay for 3 kids private school education.
Seriously? What about him is keeping you in this marriage? I don't think I could sit next to him at dinner, much less attend marriage counseling to save a marriage with someone so disgusting.

I apologize if this seems overly judgemental, but Liz, this kind of blindness and resentment-based belief system is toxic and socially unacceptable.

He has serious issues with women, that's why.

...So, I guess that's why I told him I found his vaginization of America comment offensive. It wasn't just an offhand remark to be funny, it's truly an issue with his values and thinking about women in general.
As a woman, I imagine being married to a misogynist would be rather difficult anyway. Throw alcoholism, racism, bitterness and narcissism in there, and you're in knee deep, girl.

Liz, something about your threads is very frustrating to me, like watching a movie where the heroine babysitter gets a threatening phone call from INSIDE THE HOUSE and decides to go investigate. As a member of the audience, I'm screaming, no! Get out! Call the police! Danger, danger! But she's innocently/bravely headed up to the attic to investigate.