Old 04-15-2013, 09:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
shauninspain

Physical habits. Touching things a certain number of times (always an odd number), Facial tics, twisting my shoulders around, tensing an un-tensing my limbs, pouting my lips, rolling my eyes, blinking. Also, I had some verbal habits as well. Coughing sounds, grunting sounds etc.

There would be an intense need to complete the habit, and the need would become very uncomfortable if I resisted. After doing the habit I would find relief, only for the need to arise again very quickly and have to do the habit again. When it was bad I would have 3 or 4 habits going at the same time, and when you do something 300 times a day, for each habit, it would be terribly hard to remain still. Well, impossible actually.

With regards to the mental habits (which are always done in my head) I count to certain numbers (always odd numbers!), repeat sentences that people had said time and time again, make patterns out of numbers. But these are not too bothering and at least I can sit at the cinema without annoying people around me!

I am very glad that physically I am so much better.