Old 04-15-2013, 05:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Lulu39

Originally Posted by ady gil View Post
I work in a very political work environment...and one day a co-worker of mine gave me this advice: "just let it all swirl around you and go about with your day". The advice seemed too simple at the time and I thought it was ridiculous but I follow it now - I just let the trouble swirl around and go about my day and inevitably it dies out and the next "political trauma" ensues. And since I'm never involved they don't touch me. Even when someone involves me without my permission when asked I just go "what?" "oh really someone said that?" "I never heard that I dunno"...then I go on with my day. And eventually it dies out.

I know this one has touched you...but you don't have to let it touch you any further. My two cents: let your supervisor be mad - hey let her be enraged...her issue. Just go in do your job, state your case at the meetings, let her get mad and be nasty (it really only reflects on her and people will see it eventually if they don't already), and in the meantime keep looking for the better job you want.

I agree with Florence in that you got a different safety net so your HP took care of you in a different way.
Yes. This. All of it.

And especially this: "just let it all swirl around you and go about with your day"