Thread: Awakening
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 03:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Bandepart

Awakening

Hello dear friends,

It has been awhile but here is an update on the on-goings in my relationship. Hell and back again, or so it has felt. She has sort of understood the severity of her "issue". She got extremely defensive when I used the word addiction, not alcoholic. On the 8th of this month she agreed on attending an AA meeting with me. Hmmmm I thought to myself, how is that going to happen me living in Europe, and she in the states. I advised her to go by herself a couple of times and I will attend an AA meeting here. I did and that was last Friday. Great experience and it truly gave me a better understanding. I have my first AL Anon meeting tomorrow Tuesday here in town.
She has yet to go but. She has not mentioned anything.

Yesterday as I was doing my dishes in the morning, I had awakening. I felt a relief, a surrendering of some kind that I am powerless over this disease, over her. My focus is on my recovery and inner healing.

I hold on to these words written and may you and your loved one find the courage to seek help.
It took me 14 years!!!

Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude.
It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth.

Thank you for listening and for your support.