View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 10:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Dib42

Originally Posted by HelterSkelter67 View Post
let me lay some basic information first. i am 23 soon to be 24. i am in college. i don't drugs.

i have heard a lot of different things when it comes to alcohol abuse. some people say you are not an alcoholic if alcohol doesn't rule your life, or if it doesn't spread into and interfere with other areas of your life. some people say it depends on how much you drink and other say how often or why you drink.

i drink fairly often, but only if i have alcohol available, and i only have it available if i have the money available (after expenses like car maintenance, food, school, etc...). but when i do have alcohol available i'll drink up to 5 days a week, around 7-10 drinks a nights.

i have gone around a month without a drink without even thinking about alcohol. at the time i was building my car, which i race , and thus alcohol was not a priority for me.

i have started to worry, though, do you think i have a drinking problem, or am i just an average 20 something year old? i know there are those that don't condone usage of any kind of mind altering substance at all and those that do, but what i am really asking is do you think my drinking habits are a problem? so far they haven't spilled over into other areas of my life and i will not drink if it will affect another part of my life like work or class the next morning.

i still worry though.....

I don't know if you have a drinking problem, but I have a drinking problem, and I also had a very similar story as you when I was 23.