Old 04-14-2013, 05:41 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by Bluegalangal View Post
So this was yesterday, when she was still trying to torpedo you and counting on your non renewal? (And telling people you had not been renewed?)

And she maybe found out this morning that you are being recommended for renewal?

The superintendent can't think that you can continue to work for her. It doesn't sound like he does (renewed and in a different position?). It sounds like he overrode her recommendation and she did not know about it until today? Is he able to do that?

This is CRAZYMAKING. You poor thing!

I agree with pursuing the other job. If you get it, you can quit this one, right? Or is there a point where you have to sign a contract and then you can't quit for a year?
I can always break the contract-- there is a clause that I have to pay a penalty and surely wouldn't get a recommendation (but I won't at this point any way from my insane supervisor).

It is totally crazymaking and yes, I met with my superintendent on Fri morning and he is NOT happy with my supervisor at all. He has data to see how I've done this year- the progress my students have made- my IEP's etc... and he over rode my supervisor (who he all but admitted was clearly retaliating against me).

I have to meet with her with him in early May to lay out all our concerns (that should be fun) and move fwd. I smiled and said great but inside was like "oh crap". Having a safety net of a job is good. But I will be doing everything I can to find something else bc there is no way I can work under this woman next year. The enormous target I would have on my back would be insane.

Not looking forward to work tomorrow. Not one bit.