Thread: Awful Day
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 05:18 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
DaveyT

Originally Posted by Received View Post
This is great news, Davey. I read somewhere there is going to be a fantastic meteor shower this month around April 22/23.

So happy to hear you're not only feeling better but coming to some realizations.

You are worthy, you are special, you are unique and you are meant to shine.
You are right, every human is special, not just myself. I intend to stay sober but hey if I fail then I start again and I shouldn't kick my own arse over it. I'm realising the longer I stay sober the better. Staying sober the rest of my life is the ideal, but failures occur and this is where i've messed myself up before. I always gave myself such a hard time. If I fail again I need to remind myself that I've been sober for a good period, I'm helping my health, I'm helping myself stay sober each time I resist.

All of this is important. It's 1am here in the UK, every muscle hurts like hell, I'm exhausted, I feel sick (which is why I can't sleep) but I'm sober and regardless of what happens I'm dealing with an unpleasant illness. It would be so easy to drink but instead I'm sober and I'm going to try and sleep besides the pain.

If I drink it's stupid, but at least each time the period between drinking and being sober is getting longer and this is great for my health and long term sobriety.

To be frank I have everyone here to thank for this. Because I would not have considered my real problems if it were not for the peopel of this forum challenging my idiotic ideas.

I have a long way to go, but you have all made it easier. I will try and remain sober, but if I fail I know I have you guys to fall back on.

Thank you everyone.