View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 12:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
falko89

Can't control my binge drinking?

I'm 31 now and this cycle has stuck with me since I started drinking at 17. I work Mon to Fri but once the weekend lands I have to drink, I'm the type of guy I can't stop at 1 drink, I have to drink until I am drunk, if I am honest I don't even like the taste of beer or any alcoholic drinks, I drink for 1 purpose to get drunk.

And as I say I have been doing this almost every weekend for nearly half my life now, I could count on 1 hand the amount of weekends I've not had a drink, the only thing that stops me drinking at the weekend is if I have something to go to and need a clear head such as a funeral or something, I normally can't resist that urge once the weekend lands, its like "I've worked hard all week, I deserve my little treat"

I'm not really a massive drinker, I'd go through a 12 pack of beer max at the weekend but I am sick and tired waking up feeling like **** and before you know it your back to work and so the cycle continues.

I am also funny in that I kind of hide my drinking, well not from the wife but I never drink when I am out, I only drink at home, for the reason being if your out for a family meal or something and have a beer I can't stop at one, I need more, so while everyone else would be happy to go home satisfied with a beer or 2 I am looking more, so I just don't bother drinking when I go out to such social events.

Can anyone else relate to this?