View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 11:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
DryRoastJim

Hello and welcome to this great (and potentially life saving) resource!!

Originally Posted by Datro View Post
I work at a bar. We are all allowed to drink on shift, even the owners do. I can't even count how many times I've left work while blacked out.
Ever watch that show "Bar Rescue"? This bar sounds like it needs to be rescued! You boss/bar owner is running a SERIOUS risk of loosing their entire business if one of their employees plows into someone and kills them!! This attitude of the bar has to stop!

My hangovers are completely debilitating. I want to stop drinking while I'm at work... Every day that I wake up with a hangover, I of course SWEAR I'm never drinking again, I probably drink 8+ shots of straight alcohol in a few hours.
Holy cow! I could barely handle 8 beers!! Anyhow, if and when you decide to quit, I strongly recommend you work with your dr for a detox program. That amount of alcohol is very high!!

I do not plan on leaving my job, so that suggestion is obvious and helpful but won't happen. The other night when I worked I came home around 5 am and then woke up at 8 am in my car in the street.
Are you drinking and driving? You really need to sit yourself down and if you can't control yourself then please, please don't put others at risk! Get another way home!

The only thing I REALLY care about in life is being healthy and in shape... quite the oxy moron isn't it?!
Why yes, yes it is But seriously, even though you might look great and have tone and muscle mass etc, your inerds are slowly getting eroded by the quantity of alcohol you are consuming.

I am glad that you have posted here. You seem to know (and have known) that you have a problem with alcohol. This is the first step, but now you need to accept that you have a problem. Please don't let a serious car accident in an impaired state be your "bottom". Take action now!! Get sober and be well!!

Please use this board for help, support and information. We all want you to succeed in your sobriety but you have to take action now!!

All the best!