Thread: Robby's Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 04:52 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  
HitRockBottom70

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post
My experiences with practicing AVRT are not "recovery experiences" since with AVRT there is nothing to recover from, exactly. AVRT is simply about lifelong permanent abstinence from drinking alcohol, and nothing else. Everything after quitting is just your personal choices going forward as a non-drinker while practicing AVRT.

HRB, my understanding is you want to continue FORWARD with PERSONAL recovery EXPERIENCES from alcoholism, as an alcoholic, correct? As you know, I'm a recovered alcoholic myself.

Sorry for the questions, but I already assumed I knew whatever enough about some other questions by other persons who posted seeking my opinion/advice, and I'll not make that mistake, in this thread anyways, again.
These are questions I thought I had answers to. When I quit, I knew I had a drinking problem. I could not stop at just 1 and I broke all the rules I set for myself. I consider this "alcoholic". The definition of an alcoholic is one that suffers from alcoholism. I am guessing I still would be unable to stop at just 1 so technically that still makes me an alcoholic. But this really is not a testable theory because I am not going to drink. So then comes the question do I suffer from alcoholism anymore. I am not sure. And I can honestly say that. Not trying to be evasive or trap you. I am not really one for labels because I don't see things as black and white... All shades of gray.