View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 12:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Marshmallow

Thank you both for your replies.

I am beginning to understand more about addiction since I have been reading. My husband has talked to me about what bad place he was in years ago when he was actively using. He told me he never wanted to go back to being that person or having his life out of his control. I think I was taking much for granted that it would never happen, and he would never slip, relapse, fall. But he did. I was very unprepared. I was in shock.

He has stopped drinking completely from what I can tell. I also dont think he is using coke, but that is maybe more hard to tell. He says no, and its all gone from the house. He will be getting drug tested for the next several months because of work. He is very depressed right now, and he seems to be genuinely remorseful. He is off work because of what happened. He is seeing his psychologist three times a week right now. They have a plan and a schedule. He is also doing some work at home. I showed him the Smart Website and the Rational Recovery Site and I know he was reading about avrt and talking about how he understands the thought of the addictive voice.

I am also starting to learn more now, and my books arrived from smart recovery and I am going to start reading them. My husband has been working on our taxes. We owe money and were waiting to file, and he was supposed to get them done with the business tax, but that binge messed everything up. Now I feel like I have to double check everything because Im a little afraid he might miss something due to compromised thinking, and I have to sign those forms !! But so far I have not found anything wrong, and we have worked on it good together.

Im trying. I feel like Ive learned a lot, but its a lot to take in within a short period of time too. I will keep you all posted on both our progress.