View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 08:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
deeker

Originally Posted by mmhoule View Post
I have made a call to an AA chapter here. Just have to take that step to go. Im afraid. Ashamed...all that. I don't want to be one of them...you know? But...here I am. I try so hard to stay positive and focused. Its my job. I love it but alcohol is available...so if I am truly going to beat this I think the first step is to accept that I am powerless and be ok with it. Which I am NOT. Im ANGRY. At myself of course...so I am reading and posting and sharing here whenever I can. Learning from others and trying to keep hope alive. I hate the thought that I am going to have to think about staying sober daily for the rest of my life! Forgive me...I am very frustrated today.
Well mmhoule, you don't have to stay sober for the rest of your life. Just stay sober for this 24 hours. As far as you not wanting to be one of them. mmhoule, I am one of them (AA). many of the people in this forum are one of them (AA).

The hope you walk out of a meeting with will far outweigh the fear you walked in with. The people in meetings are the same people you encounter in here, they are people just like you who are trying to get sober and learn to live that way. I have found a solution in AA.

You will find support in a meeting. Please at least check it out. ok? By the way sorry my box was full.