View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 06:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Received

I would have to agree with Fresh. It sounds to me like you and your wife had somewhat of a ritual around your drinking in the evenings. Yeah, you were drinking but hey you were actually making goals and accomplishing them. But you see, your AV was all tangled up in that.

Now that your AV has been exposed, for what it is, it can no longer successfully associate you drinking with working toward your original goal. It's desperately trying to get you to obsess about a new goal, ritual, fixation as a reason to wrap around you returning to drink.

It's preposterous to you but do not entertain it. You AV is trying to re-write a story to play over and over your mind. Soon as you recognize it, shut it down and get back to business.

I find this interesting because I have a situation where an individual, normally in close proximity to me, is away for several weeks. Oh man! My AV went nuts. "That person is going to be gone for several weeks. You don't have to worry about them calling or dropping by unannounced". I mean this started a few weeks before the individual left. I shut down that crap immediately. I did have some concern however this person left over a week ago and my AV hasn't used that scenario once. I've been fine. I mean, it was total nonsense to begin with because I knew darn well the individual who went out of town would be replaced by someone else until they returned.

But yeah, like fresh said, as crazy as it sounds, it's not unheard of and yeah, it's getting desperate. Recognize it, and move on.

Remember, you have BACON POWER!