View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 02:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Nonsensical
Hears The Voice

What does unrealistic AV mean?

For the vast majority of my drinking life I was an evening binge drinker. Around dinner time I'd start drinking and continue until I passed out in my recliner or shuffled off to bed. Late in the game I started expanding my boozing repertoire, but mostly I was that evening binge guy.

During this time that I was drinking my wife and I were building our careers and financial futures. It was all desired, deliberate and intentional. We made a plan and executed the plan, and we are pleased and enjoying our success.

I would think that my AV would be trying to get me to go back to the way things were. Telling me I could be that evening binge drinker that still managed to get up every morning and get to work, pay his bills, build up his 401K, etc. Instead, IT has taken a totally different tack.

IT tells me I should leave my home and family and move to some place where the cost of living is cheap. Your wife would get half, but you could live off the other half in a small place, maybe a trailer. You wouldn't even need to work. Then you could do whatever you wanted to do all day - including, of course, drink beer and bourbon.

Leaving my family and our comfortable dream home that we worked decades for is not something I would ever do. So, why would my AV present this 'let's go vagrant' scenario to me when there is ZERO chance of success? I would think IT would present me with options that might have some appeal. All of IT's options are dead end streets now, but you'd think IT would at least pick one where the outcome wasn't so blatantly obvious.

Any ideas why the AV has taken this current route into Crazyville? I find it very curious.