Old 04-12-2013, 03:33 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Gforce23

Hi there everybody,

Well, despite the fact that I am exhausted, I FORCED myself on my bike for almost two hours of fire road hill-repeats. I know, sounds crazy given how tired I am, but I feel a lot better now. I feel like I've adjusted the prescription on my perspective.

My very energetic but reserved grandmother used to tell me that I made "mountains out of molehills." Boy, do I ever focus on things that probably shouldn't matter so damn much. I sure do feel better though, now that I've made molehill mincemeat out of a few mountains on my bike.

You know, I saw the woman I was talking about in my previous post today picking her girls up from school. I went straight to my son's school from my ride, so I was trudging up the hill on my bike and saw her walking up the hill from the other direction. I tried to make eye contact, but she was still pretty far away. Then, I was at school waiting outside of the classroom waiting for school to get out, and she walked up, but stopped about 20 feet away from me, and stood there. I tried to make eye contact, but she was clearly not interested. I she walked by me at one point but looked straight ahead.

Okay... I think I get it. I think she's pretty insecure about me for some reason. The other day, me and my son were invited by her girls to go for a quick trail ride with them and their dad, which we did. However, I really don't think she has anything to worry about, as her husband is no nicer to me than to anyone else, and, I am married--and even if I weren't, it goes against my own personal code of ethics to get involved with people who are involved with other people, especially married people.

Crap, if I'm right, I wish she'd get over it, because I'm a nice person. I know it's her problem, but she and her husband are the owners of a mountain bike centered hostel here as well as being the heads of the local mountain bike club, so it would kind of suck if she hates me for some stupid reason.

You know, that brings me to my next subject: Old people. I really like older people. I like people 50 and older who are just beyond all this social weirdness crap. Even as a kid I often got along better with adults than I did with kids my own age. In fact, I haven't really made friends with any of the other parents (except one) at my kids kindergarten, but I'm making friend left right and center with all the grandparents that show up to pick up the kids. I'm making friends with the grandparents, while their kids can't give me the time of day. What's up with THAT.

Anyway, I'm dead dog tired after that ride and 4 days of insomnia, but I do feel better.

BTW Clearlight, pretty clever of you to take an easy lob and return the serve with a back hand and a topspin into the opposite corner! (I used to play a mean tennis game as well.)

Cheers