View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 07:22 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
lizatola

Thanks ladies, I appreciate the support. Ah wasn't surprised but he seemed sullen and withdraw last night. Of course, that's how he acts most of the time anyway so it could have been from a myriad of other issues at this point.

I am starting to get very tired of the way we are living, honestly. Not sure if I can hold on much longer. I was very upset over something last night, relating to our neighbor's losing their dog to a rattlesnake bite and then coyote. Their dog was bit by a snake, then rushed to the ER and treated and released, at home the dog went through the doggy door, and then was attacked in the backyard by a coyote who most likely smelled the wounded dog and jumped the 6 ft high fencing to get to the dog. We live in the desert but most of the time the coyotes stay out of our yards because of the block wall fencing. I have view fencing on one side of our yard where we have open desert next to us. There is a 8 inch high block wall and then view fencing and I had asked AH to help me take care of putting up chicken wire(or mesh wire) along the view fencing to help keep the snakes out of our yard. We had a rattler last May so I know they can get in. I also need to fix my side yard gate because it's too high and the snakes can get under this.

When I asked AH to address it, he just said, "We only saw the 1 snake last year. That was it." Ummm, to me, 1 snake is 1 too many thank you very much. Our son has friends over, we have landscapers and a pool guy and I'd hate for any of them to get bit, let alone our new puppy now. So, when I told him about the neighbor's dog last night, he was completely unphased and said to my son, "Gee, I guess we better move to Israel." What the he** is that supposed to mean? So, now I'm stuck figuring out how to fix my fencing alone and I'm planning on knocking on some neighbor's doors this weekend. I know I can do the view fencing thing, but fixing the side yard gate is difficult because it may need to be reset against the block wall and I may need professional help with that gate. Anyway, I hate to come on here and vent but I'm exhausted and feel so alone.