Old 04-12-2013, 12:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Lyoness
Night owl

Hi there. That is a really terrible situation and it definitely sounds as if more is going on than what they are telling you. It makes no sense to discharge someone, and thrust them into unexpected withdrawals, over something so meaningless.

I would urge you to write everything very plainly and copy it and then hand deliver it to them. Make them give a written reason why they are doing this. I have heard that they do have a lot of bureaucratic b.s. and can follow their own rules but they must prove that your wife in some way broke the rules, knowingly, willingly and caused some harm to the clinic. My guess is they can't.

Maybe you could try to call or visit other clinics in your area, or even in another large city and ask them for advice. You don't have to name any names but you could ask if they maybe had some understanding of why/how this could happen.

I am really sorry you are having to go through this and that it has caused your wife to relapse. It can be so frustrating to feel like those of us who struggle with addiction can just be tossed around and thrown out like this. It is not right.

One other suggestion--could your wife try going on suboxone instead? Usually that is obtained through an individual doctor rather than a clinic and they don't have all of the crazy rules and regulations, they are often a lot more humane. You can look up a list of suboxone providers at Home.

Good luck!