Old 04-11-2013, 09:27 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
ClearLight

Not only that, continued overuse of alcohol actually increases anxiety in most people.
You bet. That was certainly the case for me. The day after a strong drunk people could walk all over me. A combo of shame and physically dragging through the day. Or waking up and knowing you can't function at a decent level because you're so dragged out.

I'm a lot stronger in my head now that I've got some sober inside of me. And that let's me be even more "out there" than when I was drinking. My sober creative work is waaaay more crazy than work done while in the drinking lifestyle. Good crazy - not crazy crazy.

Which leads to a video I rediscovered recently! It's one of my favorite Frank Zappa songs. I'm not a big Zappa fan but this song, and the album it's on, really shine. The band for this album is stellar.

The song is called Inca Roads. It refers to the Nazca Lines - a series of ancient geoglyphs located in the Nazca Desert in southern Peru. Back when this was recorded there was rampant belief these were symbols made for, or by, aliens to use the mesas as a landing area. Zappa pokes fun at that idea in the song.

The music is really evocative. At one point 6:30' I swear it just sounds like you're in a spaceship flying around the Andes.

Did a vehicle Come from somewhere out there
Just to land in the Andes?
Was it round And did it have A motor
Or was it Something Different
Did a vehicle Did a vehicle Did a vehicle
Fly along the mountains And find a place to park itself
Or did someone Build a place To leave a space For such a vehicle to land
Did the indians, first on the bill Carve up the hill
Did a booger-bear Come from somewhere out there Just to land in the Andes?
Was she round And did she have a motor
Or was she something different
Guacamole Queen Guacamole Queen Guacamole Queen
At the Armadillo in Austin Texas, her aura,
Or did someone build a place Or leave a space for Chester's Thing to land
(Chester's Thing... on Ruth)
Did a booger-beer Come from somewhere out there
Did a booger-bear Come from somewhere out there
Did the Indians, first on the bill Carve up her hill
On Ruth On Ruth That's Ruth