View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 06:57 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Goose1

CleoHere is a thought I just had just the other day, I hope it helps you. I'm thinking everything we deal with like this Sobriety thing is about "attitude." Attitude determines our Altitude. Even if situations have got us down, we can change it with our approach. Our attitude is such a little thing that makes a big difference. You know everyday may not be good, but there is something good in everyday. Like Sobriety. If we don't get everything we want, think of the things we don't get that we don't want. Like a DUI, a hangover, anxiety, depression, etc. For me, in reality getting drunk was twice as much work as it is to stay Sober. When I was preparing to drink, I would literally puke my guts, such a feeling of hopelessnes. Pure misery! Now I have hope, because I'm Sober. We should look at every situation as an opportunity to prove our strength. Smile at it and Stay SoberCleo. I seen something on a post that really stuck. "Alcoholism is like a jail cell with a key on the inside." All you have to do is turn the key and free yourself. I'm praying for you.