Old 04-11-2013, 01:15 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Archangelesk

Originally Posted by Bluegalangal View Post
So this was yesterday, when she was still trying to torpedo you and counting on your non renewal? (And telling people you had not been renewed?)

And she maybe found out this morning that you are being recommended for renewal?

The superintendent can't think that you can continue to work for her. It doesn't sound like he does (renewed and in a different position?). It sounds like he overrode her recommendation and she did not know about it until today? Is he able to do that?

This is CRAZYMAKING. You poor thing!

I agree with pursuing the other job. If you get it, you can quit this one, right? Or is there a point where you have to sign a contract and then you can't quit for a year?
Document this craziness from your boss and keep pushing it up the chain. This is horrible management. Which is not necessarily illegal - but can create litigation risk. Employers do not like risk. So be objective and keep passing this along. Heck, if I were to peer between the lines I can imagine the superindent pondering such legal risk and viola - your contract is renewed - reducing risk.

[Not intended as legal advice].