Old 04-11-2013, 01:10 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Archangelesk

Originally Posted by wanttobehealthy View Post
I am confused about how I am reacting (you mean internally?). I certainly am giving her no indication of my confusion.

I got blindsided with the non renewal after meeting with the Superintendent Tues, got my head around it in a positive way, saw the silver lining and wham, today, blindsided again. I get that I need to see it as "it is what it is" but this flip flop chaos is all too familiar and I don't think is especially normal.

I guess I am feeling like confusion is sort of normal right now...

I've spent a lot of time focussing/breathing/accepting the non renewal part and letting it go as a "it is what it is" thing. So, for me (maybe I am alone) it is a little challenging to go from the ego blow of non renewal, to seeing it as a positive, to being told (with no info at all about what my role will be next year) that I will be renewed (and have to sign a contract or offer my resignation by May 1).

I guess I just needed a space to vent for a minute... There's only so much "rolling with it" in the course of 2 days I am able to handle calmly and internally I am all sorts of confused and upset...

Thanks for letting me vent...
I assume you can change jobs later, even if you sign on May 1? (I have not read all of your back story, but sounds like you are a teacher). If that is correct - then keep your options open, at least until you have more distance from this flood of emotion.

You will feel better in a few days. You will find time to execute a job search even if you are working. Keep breathing and think of all these people here sending you warm and supportive thoughts.
xoxox