Old 04-11-2013, 11:45 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Gforce23

Originally Posted by ClearLight View Post
You're growing. You know how Hunter Thompson ended up - right?

It's going to take time to get the hang of a new way of doing things. When you were a little baby pooping in your diapers you didn't suddenly spring up and start strolling around the house. You tried to stand up and you fell down on your padded butt. You did that over and over and over again.

I think it's great you went with the gals on the ride. You had a good time at the bar and surprise(!) didn't drink. So, our little Gforce is growing up! So cute. Ha!
Good morning everyone, I personally am not having a good morning, as I couldn't sleep until 11:00 pm after a demanding ride, and then I woke up at 5:00am and couldn't get back to sleep. I woke up at 5:00am yesterday as well. Have you ever been so tired you just want to cry?

Clearlight Yes I do know how Hunter S. Thompson died: With gun in his mouth, just like Papa Hemingway,who's carefully crafted prose--understated metaphor's, and carefully chosen active verbs that cut like a knife-- makes him, in my opinion, one of the Grand Hero's of the written word.

However, those guy's had a thing or two in common, and I'd say they shared certain machismo and ego about them that didn't allow for much weakness, and I'm sure in their minds, there was nothing weaker than getting old.

While I am not thrilled with the idea of aging myself, I doubt that I'd choose to go out in the same way. I'm just to much of a chicken. Or maybe I'm just a woman. Men seem more prone to the trap of needing to live up to some impossible standard of manliness. Some more than others, I'm sure.

So, on the subject of Social Anxiety and Alcohol "Use" Disorders: (AUD's for short--just what I need, another acronym in my life.) it's interesting, because there have no thorough formal studies connecting the two, which I found extremely strange considering how many alcohol users, abusers, and alcoholics freely state that they use it to either "relax" socially or deal with social anxiety. The fact that those in the position to look into these things, quite simply haven't, is a real stumper, if you ask me.

In fact, researchers dismissed the idea that people used alcohol in this way, because despite the reams of anecdotal evidence, there is no scientific evidence supporting the theory that alcohol actually decreases anxiety! Besides the fact that you could have knocked me over with a feather when I read that, it appears that whatever benefit anxiety sufferer's believe they are getting from alcohol, apparently it is only a perceived benefit, and not an actual one! In that case, there seems to be a lot of very misguided alcohol users out there, sucking down their drinks in hopes that it will stop their heart from racing and their hands from shaking like an airplane hitting a rough patch of turbulence. (Actually, my hands shake like that whenever I'm actually on a plane, whether it is hitting a rough patch of turbulence, or flying smoothly through the air.)

So, I am to darn blasted tired to name my source or pull up the link to the research article, but when I'm not, I'll pull it up and put it in another post.

Anyway, that is my report this morning. This tired puppy is going to lay down. I was going to do recycling and go then go to the gym, but at the moment, that feels about as impossible to me as it would to flap my arms and fly.

Cheers!