Old 04-11-2013, 09:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Tonight is the school board meeting for teacher renewals so either I will have a contract tomorrow or not.

I've never in my life (this is my 15th year teaching) heard of being renewed but not being informed of what the job will be.

I would like to simply say "please non renew me-- that will work out best for everyone" but that wouldn't be professional.

My hope is that my superintendent who clearly is behind my being renewed now vs not, will be involved in the position placement and hopefully it will be in regular ed (which I want to return to) so that I have a different supervisor. There's no way in hell I will work under this same woman next year if I stay. The hostility and target on my back will be unbearable.

I did not share this yesterday but she perjured herself in court yesterday in an attempt to make ME look bad. A student in my program has made great academic and behavior gains since his last court date in Jan. I wrote up a report as I do each time he has court, about his behavior and academics. It was fact based with data to prove what I said.

I got an email from my supervisor when she was at court stating that my "representation" of what the student had accomplished was "grossly exagerrated" and that while she agreed with some of what I wrote, I had "embellished" the facts. Then according to the student and his JPPO who both came to see me irate this morning, she stood in court and said he had not been working hard, slept in class most days, had completed none of his full course work yet and basically took EVERY fact I had written and said the opposite.

No surprise, today the kid is out of his mind angry and ranting and refusing to work. The JPPO came to see the work that is completed and I showed evidence of the fact the kids has completed an entire course since Jan and is 1/3 through another. This is a kid who has done NOTHING for years in school. He finally in the past few months gets engaged and invested and the Dir of Special Ed stands in court and blatantly LIES. Because clearly if it appears I am doing my job and helping kids find success then it makes her claims that I suck appear to be just what they are. Lies.

To lie in court about a kid and do it with no shame at all is disgusting in my book.