Old 04-11-2013, 09:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

No idea what to think. None at all. Guidance needed

A student who is in my room one period a day (and is case managed by my supervisors apparant best friend) announced this morning that he need not listen to ANYTHING I say since I won't be around next year.

I went, a bit later, to let me supervisor know that had been announced to the class and that students knew and it wasn't through my doing (since obviously it is bad form to announce that to kids with so much of the year left) and I wanted to be clear that info had NOT come from me.

Her response was to cut me off and say "actually, you will be recommended for renewal tonight (eye roll)... it wont be for your current position but you are being renewed. Anything else?"

And that was the end. She is in her offce (across the hall from my room) with the door shut. Friends/colleagues of hers have been coming and going (no doubt hearing her vent that she's being forced to keep me by the Superintendent).

I honestly have NO interest in working for her. The hostility from her that has been non stop for 2 days bc of my talking to the Superintendent is making me anxious beyond belief.

Now if I choose to not stay it will be based on a resignation and there goes any ability to collect unemployment and focus on finding a job I actually want.

Feeling a little trapped. A lot actually.

I'm feeling like my head is spinning and I'm in the midst of the type of acrimonious chaos that I had hoped was gone from my life since xAH left my home...

OMG. I am hoping that some of you with less emotional investment in all of this can help me see this more clearly. I am totally, utterly lost with what to do/how to react/what to think... I feel like I am being blindsided left and right.