View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 09:00 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
SoberKnitter

Originally Posted by jkb View Post
Hi Non-
When I got home yesterday after running around for 12+ hours straight between work, orthodontist, teenage daughter things.... I finally sat down and my first thought was "damn, I am tired and stressed". No AV there, right? Two hours later I realized that I really wanted a glass of wine. Now I flat out know I will not be able to have just one but, I realized although I may have been tired and I am a bit stressed... normally that also would have lead to drunk...

So, I thought about your thread and how subtle the AV can be. It started with a thought that had nothing to do with drinking and within a few hours it warped it into a drinking thought. I didn't recognize that it was using my negativity against me to build up for attack....lol...Oh well just thought I would share that.
Jess
This makes a lot of sense to me. Sometimes, I'll have a thought that doesn't seem like AV, and on its face it's not. For example, the beast will suggest a restaurant. On examination, it will be a place I used to frequent but where I really don't like the food, but the drinks are cheap. Or it will suggest that I stop by and see my cousin at a time when I know that they are all sitting outside drinking beer. The thought "You should go say 'hi' to them, they haven't seen you in a while," doesn't seem like AV, but I know that it is. I can, of course, still go to the crappy restaurant or see my cousin and not drink, but when I realized that I don't really want to, the decision is easier.