View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 05:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Archangelesk

Originally Posted by stella27 View Post
Does he take care of the children now or am I mixing him up with someone else? If so, I would go ahead and place them in childcare outside the home to take that argument away from him if and when he wants to get custody of them.
So, while attending law school in the evenings, he took care of our kids during the day. (He quit a job at a law firm when I went back to work after maternity leave one). When we started that arrangement, the agreement was that he'd go to work once he graduated.

Now he says things to the effect that I just don't understand how important a stay at home parent is (his mom was home. And she cooked, cleaned and all the rest, which he does not do).

If I thought I could get them into care without it starting WWIII, I would. Kid 1 goes to preschool, but poor kid 2 get stuck inside most of the day eating Cheerios.

I worked from home for the first year after kid 2 was born (for the first 6 months he was often nursing while I worked on my lap top). I still flex a lot, so he'd be hard pressed to make a case that I am not very involved. I do the teacher contact and doctors. And the husband disappears on weekends- so I have to hope this all helps any custody argument I have to make.