View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 08:28 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
lizatola

Thanks everyone. I gathered myself together while my son was playing a practice session yesterday with a friend. Just walked around and let the tears flow. My son's match was later in the day and he won that and I was able to enjoy it, of course while biting my nails and sitting on the edge of my seat, LOL! These national tournaments are emotionally draining for all the parents, as well as the kids so I was feeling pressure from all angles this week. Luckily, the college recruiters aren't watching my son's age bracket yet so we didn't have that pressure yet!

I read each response here and I journal on my thoughts that have been brought up from both the dream and the responses here. I am thinking that maybe I need to find a new therapist. I like the woman I am with now, but we really haven't tackled any of my past trauma in the manner in which I am guessing it should be addressed. I mean, she will acknowledge that it happened and say, "Well, of course you feel this way, you suffered through this or that or whatever." But, we really haven't gotten into the deep psyche issues that are probably lurking in my subconscious. Or, maybe I'm expecting too much from her? Or, maybe I'm expecting too much from myself too? See, there I go thinking too much! UGH! Anyhoo, I think today is the last day for my son's time in this tournament and I will be traveling home tonight or tomorrow AM. Time to go back to reality. Sigh.