View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 07:49 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

WTBH,

I'm sorry to hear about the non-renewal, but you know what? You conducted yourself with grace and dignity. You did not burn any bridges. And the outcome of all of this may be that you land in a new job that is a much better fit with better opportunities.

I had a new supervisor come into my unit several years ago, who I had always considered sort of a friend. She was a nightmare as a supervisor. She did not treat me with respect, she allowed others--people I was responsible for supervising--to undermine me. I loved the work, but working for her was awful. Eventually I was transferred to another unit, lost my own supervisory title (though not the money), where I did NOT want to be. I hung in, did the best work that I could until it was time for me to retire.

When I DID retire, I was able to land this awesome new job, based in large part on the experience I had in my last (unwanted) assignment, and my former (difficult) supervisor gave me a glowing recommendation that helped me get hired here.

So I am convinced that even these challenging situations often do turn out the way they should. Sometimes it can be very, very difficult and discouraging for a time, but as long as you maintain your own dignity and do the "next right thing," things have a way of working out for the best.

Hang in there--good things may be just around the corner!