View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 07:17 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by Florence View Post
If I were in this situation, I would follow two lines of action:

1) Let the superintendent know that you feel this is retaliation on the part of your supervisor, let the chips fall where they may.

2) Start hoofing it for a better job, STAT.
Done and Done.

I posted to you all then gathered myself and emailed the superintendent. Told him the facts. I'd had a meeting, what was said, what my response was and that I will accept the non renewal if the board approves it but thought he as the District head ought to know the following: then I outlined a few specifics that are directly related to teacher eval that have been poorly handled by my supervisor (some heavier stuff and presented a lot more bluntly than my diplomacy in the morning). I was professional, didn't plead, didn't defend but was factual and called my supervisor out on some significant unprofessional antics.

I also told him that what matters most to me (bc it's true) is that the kids have access to the services they need and deserve and that whomever takes over for me really needs the support/ability to create a program that does that without resistance and opposition from the supervisor like I've experienced all year.

I think in all honesty, even if the Superintendent goes to bat for me and I retain my job, I would not stay. If my supervisor remains here it will be the same nightmare next year too. I feel terrible for the kids and whomever takes over and hope that my speaking up DOES make a difference in terms of my supervisor having someone looking at her so that the kids can get the program they deserve.