View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 06:55 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
What is your opinion on subtle AV identification when there is a deluge of not-subtle AV going on in my noggin? Is there value in checking the drippy faucet when the tsunami is rolling in?
Well for me, it's the subtle sh*t that got me before, not the obvious AV.

I will share this brief story. I quit the first time in my early 20s. The main reason was because of blacking out and waking up naked. My promiscuous behavior was out of control. I decided to quit before I ended up chopped up and thrown in a ditch somewhere. When I quit drinking, I made better choices regarding risky sexual behavior. Fast forward 10 years. A lot happened in between, and I had been married for many years and had kids. This thought came: "Isn't it nice to be married and not sleeping around? Geez you've really turned your life around." The initial thought wasn't even about booze. But that thought segued into "It's safe to have a glass of wine now, you are not who you used to be".

I don't know, Non...you're in a different place now than I was then, maybe not relevant at all for you.