View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 09:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Garden Girl

reflecting on day 2

I get on SR everyday and read. Today, I was reading one of the many stories of struggle and hope... This one was someone's 2nd day sober. In her story there was the loneliness of having pushed everyone away. She was there alone and came here for a last resort of support.. Hell, my entire adult life I have been moving to escape the burned bridges, loneliness, and humiliation of being me, trying to find that fresh start with those same pesky habits. When I made my move here to Oklahoma, I had no furniture.... I didn't ever get furniture for 6 months. I drank alone, a lot everyday, so much I didn't realize I was alone in an empty house with just my bottles of wine... Half empty. I never gave up hope, although it was hidden inside of me way deep down. It was actually hope I had forgotten about, the hope that got lost under hangovers and shame. But for 9 months I have found and held onto that hope, and I will continue to stand tall with each one of you, and if one of us may stumble and fall, know that we are here to help you up, no matter how alone you may feel. I remember that loneliness, and I know once you get through day two, you are well on your way through day 3... And I am only a message away if you ever need a friend.