View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 07:19 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by nonsensical
I don't think it's that black and white. If it has to do with me drinking booze, it's AV. If my wife spills wine on her blouse, and I think "that wine is gonna leave a stain", it's about booze, but it's not AV. I don't think so, anyway. Perhaps people here will disagree.
Yes, that's an important distinction. I agree. I didn't mean that any sentence that has a booze word in it is AV. LOL

But like I said, it's splitting hairs at this point.
Yes, it can seem that way for sure. But to me, does it really matter if I designate a thought as AV that actually isn't?! What have I lost there? Taking into consideration my last go around with the beast, I definitely err on the side of caution now. I'm a tough b*tch and I almost didn't make it back alive from that bender.

I haven't lost my rational mind through this though. I understand that AVRT is nothing more than a very effective technique for quitting that, once applied, actually requires very little thought. I don't have to spend much time classifying thoughts, giving me all the time in the world to think deep rational thoughts about other cool stuff...like shoes and bacon.