View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 06:23 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
First off...hilarious...the singing, the yelling about the penguin on the telly, the irreverent jokes about relapsing (my fav btw). Thank you for the belly laugh.

Non, I had this same conversation with a former (and sorely missed) member. I disagreed about counting time necessarily being AV. I recognize my yearly date (the day I changed my life). I do not see that as AV, but it was hotly debated (it might not have been that big of a deal I just like to say "hotly debated"). Anyway, my point in that conversation was, celebrating my yearly date doesn't keep me sober any more than celebrating my kids' birthday keeps them alive. It's just an acknowledgement of something cool. I did see through the conversation with this very knowledgeable member though, that counting time is how the beast gets a foothold for many.

So musing about how good that drink looks or wishing you weren't an "alcoholic" (whatever that it), may be no bigs for you since you have that handy dandy BP. Technically it is AV through the lens of AVRT though.

I often muse about all kinds of weird stuff. I have found over the years that my musings very rarely center on alcohol because *I* have no interest in it and my beast is so weak she just doesn't even bother.

If it has to do with booze, it's AV. I think that bothers your Beast a little, Non. It's like your beast is saying through you "Gosh you guys, you don't have to be such hardasses, I mean not everything involving booze is AV. That's just a little overboard don't you think?" The voice of the beast is the AV.