View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 05:42 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
MyTimeNow

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post
Thanks, MyTimeNow. Really appreciated. Yeah, I just simply do not go around posting to whomever they should do program, go to meetings, read the BigBook. I do support people who want to, and I support people who don't.

Thanks, again. I was hoping my years here on SR would amount to some people knowing about me. I feel almost ashamed that I can be so easily reduced to that AA/AVRT guy...
I wouldn't have ever known, to me you were and are a bloke that has been sober almost as long as I have been alive. Been through a hell of a lot that none of us could ever imagine - culminating in what you went through last year and still you have the grace to smile and love yourself and others. That's an amazing well rounded - not only mind, but heart. I really appreciate what you have to give and so do many others. It's not about the AA/AVRT, at all, not to me anyway. It's about the support and encouragement and just your huge heart that comes across wanting to help others.

I'm struggling to see the problem. Other than choose RRTNC - then that's almost your bible and there is no other way. I can see how that works, but I can see how a spiritual life works and I want that too - fulfillment. I think for some people they have to go hand in hand.