View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 05:15 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
MyTimeNow

Robby is in no way a poster person for AA. In fact I wouldn't have even known about his AA involvement until he was asked to speak about it.

I can see both sides. I can see quit and make the big plan - then what? I myself have no adult company of an eve, of a week - I can see that being around others in a group can be beneficial. I'm not a religious person, but I am an old hippy at heart and deeply loving and caring, spiritual perhaps - if this could be brought out more in me through some part of the AA work then all good for it.

I've just received a voucher to get my cats speyed from the cats protection league UK, in return I have offered to be a driver for them and to stand 2 hours in a shop taking donations. Something I have NEVER done before, but it feels good to give back and to pass forward something.

I won't be going to an AA meeting, but I do believe in helping others, giving and passing forward whether it be through knowledge, time, or experience.

I do believe that giving up resentments for example helps our well being. I've learned that through life, not through AA - but it's something that needs to be done.

I'll get attacked for this as I am on a day 4 again after a messy time with anti-depressants. Fine attack me.

I can see where it all comes together though. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. For me personally, I could get a lot of peace from some of the steps. That's just basic counselling. Make peace, move on and pay it forward.

It's not so cut and dried. To me anyway.