View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 01:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Marshmallow

Thank you. I will look for that and read it. I want to have a better understanding of my role in all this since Ive never experienced anything of his drug use in the past.

Last night I attended my first online smart meeting. It was 90 minutes long. I was very impressed. It was part one of setting boundaries, and it talked about the importance of having boundaries in any healthy relationship, and the added importance when there are new situations that come into our lives like an addiction, or what they called a person being in recovery. It was by audio and I wasnt up on how it all worked, some people were also typing questions and making comments but I couldnt figure out where to type, and it was funny. I ended up having to record about half of it, and I am going to listen to it later today. If you havent guessed Im not the forceful type, and Ive never had to be, dont want to be, but the way they discussed it all, it was more like learning to communicate well and have mutual respect. I will keep you all posted on my progress, and his. My dear husband is already getting bored at home. Since he is being forced out of work for a month. He has his doctor appointments and things, but I dont know how all this will go. Hes talking about getting into some home projects we wanted done anyway and it seems like that might be good. ?