View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 09:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

File first and state you want sole use of the marital home while you wait out the divorce and sort things all out.

That's what I had to do to get my xAH out. I have no guarantee I will be able to stay in it (since I can not afford it on my own) with my girls once we are divorced. But getting to be there now while xAH turns what should be a simple divorce into an epic battle in court, DOES provide me a measure of relief and peace.

I get the whole "I love my house, I want to be here". My reasons for wanting to stay are tied to my kids (fenced in yard, friends on both sides of the street, near a park, walkable to school etc...)

But since he's been gone and the peace that has provided, I'd be okay living in my car (okay maybe not) if it meant not ever having to be with him again. What I am saying is that once you have him out of the house or you leave with your kids, the life you will get back simply by being away from him will make the place you live much less important than who inhabits that space with you.

Does that make any sense?