Thread: Robby's Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 09:19 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  
jkb

It seems like just a bunch of sematics to me at this point but, I appreciate your story Robby and I am glad it works for you. To me it is simple as this: I will not say that I am powerless over alcohol and then say I will never drink again because if I was powerless than I could not determine if I would drink again. So, it is a choice between the two FOR ME however, you seperate it into two different aspects of your life from what I can gather. "AA sobriety" and abstinence.... Oh well, I may be getting this all wrong.

I like an occasional AA meeting. It is all that is offered in my area no SMART or RR so, if I want to hang out with non-drinkers I would go there but, like I said I could not complete step one without rewording it and thus... I would be altering an amazing program that in my opinion doesn't need to be altered. It helps so many just the way it is. I am happy you have found a way to reconcile the two....

Not to be in anyway argumentative but, it appears that the only piece of RR you are embracing is the BP aspect. Maybe I am wrong... oh well.... like I said I found the discussion interesting. Thanks....
Jess